Lost for ideas for presents for that surfing someone in your life or looking for hints to leave for you gift-buying friend? Look no further! We’re here to take the stress out of the silly season so all you have to do it think about which break to surf!
Surf Sirens Top 7 Gifts for Surfers
- A good book. We know it’s kinda retro, but you can’t go past a good book. At the moment we’re loving Women Who Surf and, for younger surfers or surfing parents, Queenie Wahini.
- A new towel. Let’s face it, you can never have too many beach towels! We can’t get enough of the light-weight and super absorbent ones from Not Sponsored.
- A grab bag. The totally under-rated grab bag is a perfect gift for any surfer. Find a pretty bag – we love make-up bags for storage but calico ones work just as well – and fill it with surfing essentials: some wax, a fin key, a spare leggie string, some surf mud, wax comb and board bandages, chuck in some hair ties and you are good to go.
- Tie-downs. Yeah, we know, it’s not your usual gift but we all need to transport our boards and what better way than with some handy tie-downs?
- A wetsuit hanger. Wet wetsuits aren’t made to hang on traditional hangers, they stretch the neoprene and damage the wettie. A wetsuit hanger solves that problem while making sure your wettie drys without stretching and will only set you back $30.
- A Surf Trip Map. Every surfer we’ve ever met has wanderlust which makes this map the perfect gift. Beautifully illustrated and marked with all the best surf spots and additional information like water temp and best surf season we just love it.
- A surf trip! what better gift to give than the trip of a lifetime? If you’re feeling flush all you need to secure a spot is AU$1000. Head here for more info on our all-women’s surf trips to the Maldives!
Is something else on your list? Let us know!
*NOTE: You might notice that we haven’t included any swimwear in here as a present… We really think that buying the perfect pair of swimmers is best left up to the person who will wear them!