Always wanted to surf the Maldives? Now is your chance with an SSG all-girls boat charter!
Join us from 24th October – 3rd November 2018
We can’t think of anything better than surfing the days away in a tropical paradise with a bunch of other surfer girls… that’s why we’ve teamed with The Perfect Wave to bring you a unique surfing experience.
We know that it can be weird to think about jumping on a boat load full of strangers and we know that many women just want to surf.
With other boat trips, you never know who, or what, will be on the boat with you.
We make choosing a boat trip easy.
Our trips aim to be inclusive and fun. As long as you’re prepared to get wet and experience an amazing new world with a bunch of women who will fast become your friends, you’ll fit right in. As well as surfing, you have the option to explore some of the Maldivian Islands and learn more about this unique country and its culture.
We’re also conscious of the impact we can make as travellers to the environment and we aim to minimise our impact as much as possible.
To make sure everyone gets the most of their experience, we do require that each surfer:
- Is able to consistently catch and ride unbroken waves without assistance.
- Can angle across the face of the wave.
- Can confidently duck dive and/or eskimo roll.
- Is happy to surf head high waves
- Is keen to push their current experience and improve!
We love a little bit of luxe, but we don’t want to break the bank, so we travel onboard the Cobia.
Conceived and built by the skilled Maldivian craftsmen for the Maldivian waters, the Cobia is a 21 meter long cruise boat. This beautiful cruiser has comfortable air-conditioned twin-share rooms. Its design and size enables it to cut through difficult and shallow waters and meander its way through winding channels between islands – a common feature in Maldivian waters! Our favourite feature of the MV Cobia is the shaded roof-top deck. It’s the perfect place to line down out of the sun and relax in between surfs.
- Group return Male airport transfers. (Individual transfers at extra cost).
- Airport meet & greet.
- Air-conditioned twin cabin accommodation.
- All meals; tea & coffee and unlimited drinking water.
- SSG trip coordinator
- Local expert surf guide.
- Use of on-board equipment basic snorkeling & fishing gear. (Equipment is basic hand lines and mask / snorkel; Please feel free to bring your own with you).
- Access to Kandooma Resort and its facilities – please note that this is only available when the boat is in South Male area.
- An exclusive SSG Goodies bag containing surf trip essentials.
- Departure tax
- Maldivian Government Green Tax
- FLIGHTS. Please note that the quoted price does not include the cost of flights.
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol. You can purchase alcohol on board. If you have any special requests, please let us know well in advance and we will do our best to organise your favourite brand.
- “All you can eat and drink” seafood & Champagne (Moët) buffet at Kandooma Resort on Wednesdays if the boat is in South Male Atoll. The cost is about US$110+ per person.
- Data SIM. The best internet access is through data SIM that you can rent for $20 for the trip. They have 1.6 GB available and if you want more data, you can recharge anywhere in Maldives. Groups can also use one SIM if they are low users and are willing to share.